Archives
CARDS
Sheets
Checklists
Lists
Lists
PROMOS
Lounges

Go Back   TRADING CARD MUSEUM > TRADING CARD FORUMS > NonSPORT Card Forums > NonSport SELL SHEETS Index
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NonSport SELL SHEETS Index Sell sheets are promotional flyers distributed by trading card companies to dealers in order to promote upcoming releases.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #1
MuseumCurator
The Curator Team
My Rank: BLACK ONYX ~ 1000+ Posts ~ Going for 1500!

Sell Sheet Sell Sheets: General Information & Discussion

SELL SHEETS

Sell sheets are promotional flyers distributed by trading card companies to dealers in order to promote upcoming releases.

They are typically close to 8.5" x 11" and two-sided. Some more recent ones are multi-paneled (fold-out). They are meant for display in the windows of card, comic, and collectibles stores.

With the increasing popularity of non-sport card collecting, the promo flyers (sell sheets) themselves have become collectible.

They typically have one or more of the "better" images from the card set on the front, but sometimes have "original" art not found in the set itself. On the back, they typically have lots of text and images of the insert cards (holographics, autographs, etc) that are in the set.

Given their fairly standard size AND the fact that they were designed to be displayed in the first place, they make a great displayable collectible for the non-sport fan.

Though it can be hard to attractively display your favorite trading cards (they are kinda small after all); the sell sheets, especially framed, make a great display of your favorite hobby. They are also "unique" collectibles/mini-posters for fans of the subject (after all, card sets are produced for nearly every movie, TV show, etc.).

To view a superb collection of NonSport Sell Sheets, please visit TTCM Member RobsPromos Sell Sheet Collection in his Vault, HERE
Old 06-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
golfnut
Museum Member

My Rank: I'M EXCITED ~ 25+ Posts ~ Going for 101!

Sell sheets or ad sheets made by the card manufacturers are fun to collect and like was said, are very attractive to display since some of the artwork or card designs on the sheets don't even make it into the set so it has some details that differ from what is actually released. I have been collecting these for over 15 years and have hundreds if not over a thousand (maybe 2 thousand) in my personal collection. What amazes me is that I still find ones I need, or variants to continually add to my collection. I am also amazed that the manufacturers still produce them to this day like Topps and Famous Fabrics.

Also a sell sheet to one person may be something entirely different to someone else, a magazine ad that is cut out of a publication is considered a sell sheet to some so are the pop posters that come inside cases of cards or even a single box of cards. Whatever the interest level is, it's great to see people collecting these because they enjoy it. I try to update my catalogue of sell sheets often in hopes of one day making some sort of publication that folks can use as a reference guide to see if a sell sheet was produced or even exists.

Would love to hear from other sell sheet collectors to see what style they collect and how they organize their collections. Happy hunting everyone!
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
ErikTheArchitect
~ Moderator ~ Curator Team

My Rank: AMETHYST ~ 1500+ Posts ~ Going for 2000!

Location: Marietta Georgia USA (Just a little NW of HAZZARD County)
Rep Power: 1124 ErikTheArchitect has a spectacular aura aboutErikTheArchitect has a spectacular aura about
Robspromos in Australia has been posting his impressive and extensive collection of sell sheets here in his Vault. If you like sell sheets take the time to peruse his posts! See link in first post above.
ErikTheArchitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #4
robspromos
Distinguished Member

My Rank: BLACK ONYX ~ 1000+ Posts ~ Going for 1500!

Thanks Guy's....i'm blushing now.

I love Sell Sheets and i want to try and share the joy i get from collecting them with everybody.

At the moment i've only scaned A4 sheets into the vault but once i get a new A3 scanner i will be scanning alot of the fold out sheets.

If anyone has any Sell Sheet questions,his thread is the perfect place to ask.
robspromos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #5
golfnut
Museum Member

My Rank: I'M EXCITED ~ 25+ Posts ~ Going for 101!

Ha! I am very familiar with Rob's sell sheet collection, he and I have traded before and I was amazed at what he had that I could use. I think he is one of the very few "die-hard" sell sheet collectors like myself that I have been in touch with which is great. I love seeing his posts and have even seen a few sheets in his vault I didn't know existed

And I agree with Rob, this is a great thread for any sell sheet questions should anyone have any.
golfnut is offline   Reply With Quote