Archives
CARDS
Sheets
Checklists
Lists
Lists
PROMOS
Lounges

Go Back   TRADING CARD MUSEUM > TRADING CARD FORUMS > ART CARD Forums > ARTIST PROFILES
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ARTIST PROFILES Art Card Artists Profile Forum. All artists are invited and welcome to create a profile and are encouraged to update often.

Old 07-23-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
RhondaHavlock
Rhonda ~ Curator Team

My Rank: BLACK ONYX ~ 1000+ Posts ~ Going for 1500!

Artist ARTIST Profile: Rhonda Havlock

Rhonda Havlock, Artist
www.RhondaHavlock.com

A native of North Carolina, Iíve spent most of my adult life living and working in New York City. Living in an environment like New York itís nearly impossible to not be influenced by the cityís diverse creative energy and after a time I was inspired to explore my own creative nature. For the last 15 years Iíve been writing, creating poetry, and experimenting with various traditional and non-traditional visual art forms, including working with oils, acrylics, watercolors, pen, ink, and colored pencil. For much of that time the focus of my work has been directed toward the Art Card genre. I find the concept of ATCís, ACEOís and miniatures as a collectible art form very intriguing, however I do have larger and more complex pieces planned for future projects.

My series of works have included Cocktails, Portraits, Marilyn Monroe, and most recently Bettie Page. However, one of my favorites is the Abstract Geometry series, which was inspired by artists such as Piet Mondrian, Frank Lloyd Wright and Joan Miro. I have always been attracted to shapes, symmetry, and the relationship between random objects and lines that come together to form complex structures. I typically have no set idea before I begin an abstract piece. For me the creation the work is a meditative process and the creations seem to build themselves as I go, hence the term ďAbstractĒ Geometry. This is an ongoing series and because of my affinity for it youíll see obvious references to the styling throughout all of my work.

Last edited by RhondaHavlock : 05-02-2012 at 12:58 AM.
RhondaHavlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
RhondaHavlock
Rhonda ~ Curator Team

Artist ARTIST Profile: Rhonda Havlock

Rhonda Havlock, Artist
www.RhondaHavlock.com

A native of North Carolina, Iíve spent most of my adult life living and working in New York City. Living in an environment like New York itís nearly impossible to not be influenced by the cityís diverse creative energy and after a time I was inspired to explore my own creative nature. For the last 15 years Iíve been writing, creating poetry, and experimenting with various traditional and non-traditional visual art forms, including working with oils, acrylics, watercolors, pen, ink, and colored pencil. For much of that time the focus of my work has been directed toward the Art Card genre. I find the concept of ATCís, ACEOís and miniatures as a collectible art form very intriguing, however I do have larger and more complex pieces planned for future projects.

My series of works have included Cocktails, Portraits, Marilyn Monroe, and most recently Bettie Page. However, one of my favorites is the Abstract Geometry series, which was inspired by artists such as Piet Mondrian, Frank Lloyd Wright and Joan Miro. I have always been attracted to shapes, symmetry, and the relationship between random objects and lines that come together to form complex structures. I typically have no set idea before I begin an abstract piece. For me the creation the work is a meditative process and the creations seem to build themselves as I go, hence the term ďAbstractĒ Geometry. This is an ongoing series and because of my affinity for it youíll see obvious references to the styling throughout all of my work.

Last edited by RhondaHavlock : 05-02-2012 at 12:49 AM.
RhondaHavlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
robspromos
Distinguished Member

Nice insight into your Art, Rhonda.

I notice you don't use much Green

Love your work, Rob.
robspromos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
RhondaHavlock
Rhonda ~ Curator Team

Thanks Rob. Funny you mentioned my lack of green. I never really noticed that, but I guess I don't. Although I did do this Marilyn that has a mostly green background...

I may have to look a bit more closely at the greens.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
PaintingWPassion
Museum Member

My Rank: I'M EXCITED ~ 25+ Posts ~ Going for 101!

Wonderfully done! *HUGS*
PaintingWPassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
RhondaHavlock
Rhonda ~ Curator Team

Thank you Angela! I really appreciate it. And welcome to The Trading Card Museum!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
PaintingWPassion
Museum Member

Thank you so much!!! *HUGS*
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 PM   #8
PaintingWPassion
Museum Member

ThumbYes Wonderful works!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaHavlock View Post

Rhonda Havlock, Artist
www.RhondaHavlock.com

I love Bettie Page but would absolutely LOVE to see some of your abstract works as well. Do you create Abstract cards? I must take a closer look at your works! We are having a contest this month in ACEO Magazine Online and you are welcome to join us! Please note though: Although the term ACEO is in our title I did not create the magazine. I own it now, some of my members are attached to the name so I must leave it as is. We combine ATCs, ACEOs, Sketch cards, etc. as long as it is 2.5" X 3.5" art, it is welcome!

‎Sugar Skull ACEO Contest is on until September 22nd! Post your Sugar Skull works in ACEO Magazine is at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ACEOOnlineMagazine/
In the Mexican Culture Sugar Skulls honor the dead. Letís honor the dead!!! Make a sugar skull ACEO today!
*HUGS*
Angela Taylor
Owner/Editor
ACEO Magazine Online
ACEO Magazine doe not duge due to race, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, etc.