Archives
CARDS
Sheets
Checklists
Lists
Lists
PROMOS
Lounges

Go Back   TRADING CARD MUSEUM > TRADING CARD FORUMS > ART CARD Forums > ARTIST PROFILES
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ARTIST PROFILES Art Card Artists Profile Forum. All artists are invited and welcome to create a profile and are encouraged to update often.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

My Rank: LURKING ~ 10+ Posts ~ Going for 25!

Artist ARTIST Profile: Wes Huffor

Wes Huffor

Southern California artist is best known for visceral, seductive and pathological crime and horror storytelling.

Wes started out working for small press publishers in the Los Angeles, Riverside and Inland Empire.

In 2008, Huffor released Charnel House, a Horror and Crime Anthology under the flag of UK based publisher Broken Voice. As a nod to Classic Crime and Horror with some modern twists, the stories in Charnel House were written by several writers from the US and UK with Huffor's pencil and ink throughout. Charnel House was distributed worldwide in 2009.

Wes has worked on graphic design and illustration for comics, internet and multimedia outlets.

Huffor who has an international stable of fans was honored in 2011, by having one of his original illustrations chosen to be added to the Edgar Allen Poe cottage in the Bronx, NY by the Historic House Trust of New York. A protected historic monument, which has been recently restored with the addition of a contemporary museum. Wes Huffor's illustration remains there as a permanent feature in the wall of Poe's NY home.

Wes' work can be found on the pages of The-Gutters comic satire

See Wes Huffor's work on The-Gutters.com

and on assorted album covers, t-shirts and promotional material for several Southern California musicians like Jason Charles Miller KC Murdock and the Down the Road Show media outlet.

Jason Charles Miller

Down The Road Show

In 2012 Wes worked on original art sketch cards for Upper Deck Entertainment/ Marvel Comics.

Wes Huffor is currently working with noted Director/Producers Darin Scott and Ed Polgarty on a Horror comic book series entitled The Wrath. The series is planned for US release in early 2012.

http://WWW.WESHUFFOR.COM

wes@weshuffor.com

http://www.weshuffor.com/website_2/press.html

http://www.facebook.com/WesHuffor

http://twitter.com/weshuffor

Last edited by Wes_Huffor : 05-04-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: working on embedding video
Wes_Huffor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
MuseumCurator
The Curator Team
My Rank: BLACK ONYX ~ 1000+ Posts ~ Going for 1500!

Nice Profile Wes! You've got a great style and background. We're heavy into Promo Card collecting, do you have any Promo Cards for yourself and your work?
Old 05-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

I am just learning about sketch cards and the community that follows them. What exactly is a promo card? I have 12 Artist Proof cards From Upper Deck 6 from AA 2012 and 6 from MB 2012.. Is that what you mean?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
MuseumCurator
The Curator Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_Huffor View Post
I am just learning about sketch cards and the community that follows them. What exactly is a promo card? I have 12 Artist Proof cards From Upper Deck 6 from AA 2012 and 6 from MB 2012.. Is that what you mean?
Promo Cards are cards that are meant to act as a promotional card. Go to TradingCardAuctions.com and search for 'Promo Card'. There is an entire subculture niche of trading card collectors that only collect promo cards. It's a good way to market yourself and your work. Stick around here, you will see lots of talks and discussions on Promo Cards of all types.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:25 PM   #5
Lak
LAK LIM ~ Artist ~ Curator Team

My Rank: ZIRCONIA ~ 101+ Posts ~ Going for 250!

Quote:
Promo cards are basically freebees created to promote something, they're usually prints for a card set. Your stuff is fantastic!!!

- Lak

Lak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:35 AM   #6
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lak View Post
Promo cards are basically freebees created to promote something, they're usually prints for a card set. Your stuff is fantastic!!!

- Lak
Thanks bud! So can promo cards be just those alone or are they supposed to be of some bigger collection? Also are they typically short in run?

Sorry I don't know a lot about this stuff. I joined some FB pages for promo cards, seems mainly like they deal in old TV cards.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:40 AM   #7
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

WAR MACHINE - Marvel Beginnings 2 2012. Look for this one-of-a-kind WAR MACHINE original art randomly inserted in this years Marvel Beginnings 2 2012. Release date 5/22 See more at www.facebook.com/weshuffor

Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #8
Lak

Quote:
Thanks bud! So can promo cards be just those alone or are they supposed to be of some bigger collection? Also are they typically short in run?

Sorry I don't know a lot about this stuff. I joined some FB pages for promo cards, seems mainly like they deal in old TV cards.
They vary and don't necessarily need to be part of a set. Really depends if the distributor want to included them as a part of a set. The number of promos also varies depending on the distributor's marketing strategy. They can make it very limited to make it collectible if they choose to do so. Or create thousands to just hand out where ever they can. Promo cards can be created for anything : card sets, comic book, magazines, TV shows, movie, or events.

- Lak

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #9
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Quote:
They vary and don't necessarily need to be part of a set. Really depends if the distributor want to included them as a part of a set. The number of promos also varies depending on the distributor's marketing strategy. They can make it very limited to make it collectible if they choose to do so. Or create thousands to just hand out where ever they can. Promo cards can be created for anything : card sets, comic book, magazines, TV shows, movie, or events.

- Lak
Thanks Lak,

I actually am involved with some film projects and comic book projects that might benefit from Promo cards. I will talk to some people about making that happen. Good info!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

I want to post out the 12 AP cards I did for UD. My agent will be putting them on Ebay, but want to give real collectors a chance to put in a bid on them directly with her before that happens. Is that the kind of thing I'd start a new thread somewhere for?
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #11
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Avengers Assemble 2012 AP Cards. Will be available soon on EBAY, but collectors have a chance to get first bid on them directly from Eva Ink Artist group at: evaink@aol.com remember to put in the subject line "RE: Wes Huffor AP cards"

Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Marvel Beginnings 2 2012 AP Cards. Will be available soon on EBAY, but collectors have a chance to get first bid on them directly from Eva Ink Artist group at: evaink@aol.com remember to put in the subject line "RE: Wes Huffor AP cards"

Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
Lak

Quote:
I want to post out the 12 AP cards I did for UD. My agent will be putting them on Ebay, but want to give real collectors a chance to put in a bid on them directly with her before that happens. Is that the kind of thing I'd start a new thread somewhere for?
Actually we want artists here to use their Artist Profile thread to list all their new art and sale listings. It helps create a body of work for curious customers. Whenever you have auctions, you can just use this thread to link it here. Of course post images of the cards would help too.

What I do for my auctions is I have the image posted on my Artist Profile page then include a link to the auction. In my case, the link is the "MY CARD SHOP" in my signature. By doing it that way, people who visit your Artist Profile will know to come here to see if you have new stuff available...art posts or sales. It serves as a blog for your new work and sales offerings. And it helps to bring people back if they're looking for new art or sales you have.

Btw, what you did in the last 2 posts are exactly the way you should do it here. Good luck on them

- Lak

Old 05-08-2012, 10:13 PM   #14
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Quote:
Actually we want artists here to use their Artist Profile thread to list all their new art and sale listings. It helps create a body of work for curious customers. Whenever you have auctions, you can just use this thread to link it here. Of course post images of the cards would help too.

What I do for my auctions is I have the image posted on my Artist Profile page then include a link to the auction. In my case, the link is the "MY CARD SHOP" in my signature. By doing it that way, people who visit your Artist Profile will know to come here to see if you have new stuff available...art posts or sales. It serves as a blog for your new work and sales offerings. And it helps to bring people back if they're looking for new art or sales you have.

Btw, what you did in the last 2 posts are exactly the way you should do it here. Good luck on them

- Lak
Thanks Lak,

I really appreciate all the good info! The card scene is new to me, fun, but new. and I want to find all the best ways to promote this stuff.

I guess the next thing I should do is add a signature linking my websites and stuff to each post.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 PM   #15
Lak

Quote:
Thanks Lak,

I really appreciate all the good info! The card scene is new to me, fun, but new. and I want to find all the best ways to promote this stuff.

I guess the next thing I should do is add a signature linking my websites and stuff to each post.
Yes having those links in your signature makes things MUCH easier. If you want the tabs like how I have in my signature, you can ask Joey to make them for you. Unless of course if you already know how. Also feel free to post any of your other kind of art in this thread. Its purpose is for you to promote yourself here. Who knows, you might get contacted for your other type of work

- Lak

Old 05-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #16
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Get it while you can. This Wolverine Card was pulled from an Avengers Assemble pack somewhere in Oakdale, CA. Will be online for a short time!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Deck-M...#ht_626wt_1136

Old 05-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

THE WATCHER - Marvel Beginnings 2 2012. Look for this one-of-a-kind THE WATCHER original art randomly inserted in this years Marvel Beginnings 2 2012. Release date 5/22 See more at www.facebook.com/weshuffor

Old 05-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
HAVLOCK
Joey ~ Curator Team

Rep Power: 25 HAVLOCK has a spectacular aura aboutHAVLOCK has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
THE WATCHER - Marvel Beginnings 2 2012. Look for this one-of-a-kind THE WATCHER original art randomly inserted in this years Marvel Beginnings 2 2012. Release date 5/22 See more at www.facebook.com/weshuffor

Smokin Hot! I LOVE the way you display and present your work Wes. Very sharp and very cool to show the progression the way you do. Great work itself too. Kudos.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

Thanks Joey, I appreciate that!
Old 05-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
Wes_Huffor
Museum Member

http://portfolio.weshuffor.com/p6094...204bd#he4204bd